When my love life bites
When the cold weather stings
When I’m feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don’t feel so bad!
Why yes, I do have a lot of favourite things!
As many of you know, another one of my favourite things is the show How I Met Your Mother. Recently I was watching the episode “Stamp Tramp” and it dawned on me that I give out my “stamp of approval” often on this blog – especially when it comes to the adult toys and sexy lingerie that I review on a regular basis. I try to always keep things positive and upbeat on this blog and I actually do really enjoy most of the products that I review. However, tis’ the season for looking back over the past year, so I thought I would share with you some of my very favourite products – the ones that I LOVE with a capital “L” and have recommended to my very best girlfriends. Some of my choices probably won’t surprise you however, some might!
1. The Lelo Insignia Soraya: I couldn’t finish off 2012 without giving one more shout-out to my favourite vibrator of all time. Finding a vibe that works for you is sometimes hit and miss, but this one fits the contours of my body perfectly and hits all of the right places…. again & again & again. You can read my original review of the toy here. The Lelo Insignia Soraya is everything that I look for in a luxury sex toy and then some: It’s body safe, rechargeable, beautifully designed and offers a wide variety of deep, powerful vibrations. If I had to choose a sex toy to take to a deserted island, it would be the Lelo Soraya because the experience is always amazing every single time.
2. The Lelo Ina 2: Whether you are looking to buy your first vibrator or update your toy collection, this is the go-to vibrator that I recommend to all my girlfriends. It includes all the features that you come to expect from Lelo products: It’s body safe, rechargeable, beautifully designed and powerful. With the Ina 2.0, Lelo have updated their original design to include a more flexible clitoral arm and increased girth & length for a fuller experience; thus solving the minor issues I had with the Ina 1.0. Use it externally, internally or both at the same time…either way, you can’t go wrong with this one.
3. The We-Vibe Touch: Although I’m not a huge fan of the We-Vibe 3 couples vibrator (I find it a bit awkward to use during sex), I absolutely love The We-Vibe Touch, their small clitoral vibrator. At 3.75 inches long, this little guy is roughly the size of a tube of lip gloss, however it’s surprisingly powerful. It has all the hallmarks of a toy box favourite: it’s made of body safe silicone, is rechargeable and fully waterproof (holla!) I know what you’re probably thinking, “Didn’t she say the exact same thing about the Jimmyjane Form 2 just a few weeks ago?!” Yes, I did more or less. Whereas I find the Form 2 almost too intense on some of the higher settings, the vibrations offered by the We-Vibe Touch are just perfect: deep, rumbling, but never uncomfortable. This is the perfect toy to use for extra stimulation while having sex with your partner or for squeal inducing foreplay/after-play. If you can past the fact that it looks like a goofy cartoon tongue, this toy is a real gem.
4. Cake Dry Shampoo: The truth about being a freelance writer and working from home is that it involves a lot of unwashed hair. Given the option of meeting a deadline or hopping in the shower, I almost always chose to shower later. (I should put that on my resume: “will forgo bathing in favour of productivity”) Although I do shower daily (I swear!) I find my hair is way more manageable when I only wash it every 2-3 days. The Satin Sugar Hair and Body Powder by Cake is truly a godsend for people like me. The first time I used it I tested it on my hair that hadn’t been washed in 3 days. I shook out a small amount of powder, massaged it into my hair, focusing on the roots. It looked a bit chalky at first but within a few minutes it had turned my greasy, limp locks into tussled beachy waves that were delicately scented with just a hint of vanilla. This stuff is kind of magic.
5. Striped boy shorts by Oh La La Cheri : I discovered the Oh La La Cheri line of lingerie this summer and fell in love with their pretty and affordable lingerie. My favourite piece by them are these cute boy shorts. With pinstripes and revealing white lace, these panties are all business in the front and a cheeky party in the back.
I was so excited when these arrived in the mail that I immediately showed my Mom. She looked at them and said, “The black tie thing kind of makes me think of…chicken” Then she explained what she had in mind:
I’ve since dubbed these my Colonel Saunders panties. As disturbing as that analogy is, I do have to admit they look really, really good on. One might even say “finger lickin’ good” – the Colonel’s words, not mine.
If you are interested in checking out the rest of my favourites, I’ve created an area on my righthand sidebar that features my “must-have” sexy products. It will be updated regularly as I discover new gems!
This post was brought to you by EdenFantasys. I received a gift certificate to fund the expansion of my already exploding lingerie drawer in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own because that’s how I roll.
Do you have any favourite products you’ve discovered this year? Do share!