Remember that time I spent the afternoon hanging out with male strippers and checking out sex toys? Yep, it’s that time of year again! The Everything to Do with Sex Show is taking place in Toronto this weekend. The ETDWSS is North America’s largest sex and romance consumer show, packed with seminars, stage shows, celebrities, erotic art, shopping, and kink. Since I’m on the other side of the country working on book stuff, I thought I’d get my friend & writing partner John Drake to give you the low-down. Take it away, John!
As the days grow shorter and the nights get colder, many of us begin to hibernate and in favour of spending our time indoors. Organizers of The Everything to Do With Sex Show have provided their Top 10 reasons worth getting out of the house to visit North America’s largest sex and romance consumer show from Oct. 24th-26th at the Direct Energy Centre on the Exhibition Place grounds in Toronto. After visiting the show you’ll have plenty more reasons to spend time indoors…
1. It’s the ultimate date night. Looking to impress your latest Tinder match or your long-time love? Woo them with the Intimate Package, which gets you weekend passes to the show, a stay at the Intercontinental Hotel in downtown Toronto, chocolate-covered strawberries in your room, sparkling wine, and valet parking. We’re not saying you’re guaranteed to get lucky, but it can’t hurt.
2. You can learn from a sexologist. Yup, that’s a thing. Dr. Jessica O’Reilly hosts a show on PlayboyTV and is a go-to sex expert for publications like Cosmopolitan, and she’s holding seminars all weekend on how to drive your partner wild (live demonstrations and edible props included).
3. You’ll find out whether oysters are really aphrodisiacs. The Café Blvd stage is devoted to all things food and sex – find out how to cook a romantic dinner, test out some oysters, and learn about superfoods that will kick your libido into overdrive.
4. Two words: erotic art. We know you’ve seen painted models in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition, but have you seen someone painted live? Come out to the erotic art space at the show & watch as flesh becomes canvas. You can also volunteer your arm, leg, or any other body part to get painted by artist MagicfinngaWong.
5. Magic Mike who?! Forget just stripteases, the main stage has a red-hot male revue, burlesque shows with performers like Roxi D’Lite, and a fashion show featuring latex, leather, and lace. Oh my!
6. You can bring 50 Shades of Grey to life. Curious about Christian Grey’s red room of pain? Explore the Kink Corner, which dives into the world of kink, fetish, and BDSM. Billionaire and helicopter not included.
7. Because everyone loves to spoon. Not into red rooms of pain? Don’t worry, you can keep it PG in the Cuddle Zone. Take 5 and relax in the cuddle zone – you might need a break since the show is stimulating (pun intended).
8. Pole dancing is way more fun than the treadmill. Sex is a great workout, and so are some sexy activities like pole dancing. Check out the Wellness Zone where you’ll be able to learn burlesque basics so you can stay fit and sexy at the same time.
9. Running low on vibrators? (the horror!) Shop for the latest sex toys, lingerie, and other sexy products on the show floor. Check out the full exhibitor list and start making your shopping list now. (Pssst! Our friends at Ohhh Canada will be there. Make sure you check out what is sure to be their very sexy booth!)
10. Where else can you get this much entertainment for $20? Would you rather watch Netflix or learn how to be a better lover? That’s what I thought. Tickets start at only $20, so coming to the show is cheaper than…well, pretty much any other activity in Toronto.
PS. If you need yet another reason to visit the show, our friend and sexy CEO of Ohhh Canada, Katrina McKay (Kat the Sexpert) will be on the seminar stage at The Everything To Do With Sex Show. She’s giving her famous Talking Dirty workshop – FREE with admission (normally $50+!).Katrina takes the stage at 3:30pm on Friday (just after the show opens) and noon on Saturday.
Photo credits: Jo Gorsky.
Have you ever attended the Everything To Do With Sex show? What did you think?