Last year, Lovehoney launched their own lingerie line. Before Christmas, I reviewed this scandalous pair of crotchless panties and recently purchased this piece (more on this later!) Since then, I’ve been curious to try other pieces from the line. When the lovely people at Lovehoney offered to send me another piece from the collection, I jumped at the chance. The problem: I couldn’t decide what to choose. However, after a quick survey on Facebook and Instagram (thanks!), this gorgeous red & black lace chemise from their Adore Me collection, was the winner.
I’m very, very happy I decided to review the Lovehoney Adore Me Lace and Microfiber Chemise because it has everything I look for in a lingerie piece: it’s good quality, flattering, affordable and most of all, really comfortable.
The Adore Me Lace & Microfiber chemise is made of silky soft, crimson microfiber and trimmed with black stretch lace. It features adjustable straps, detachable garters and soft, unlined cups – perfect for those of us who prefer their lingerie without an underwire or extra padding. The back has a adjustable criss-cross back detail and cute, butt flattering ruching. It includes a matching g-string with a back detailed in black lace.
Here’s a few things I love about this set.
- The quality and detailing – As I’ve mentioned before, when it comes to ordering affordably priced lingerie online, unless you’re really familiar with the brand, you can’t always count on the quality. With that said, I was really impressed with the thought that was put into this garment. It’s well designed and the detailing is nice – no cheap fabric or loose threads here!
- The thick, stretchy straps – As someone with D+ sized boobs, I love garments with thick straps. The straps on the Adore Me Lace & Microfibre chemise are great: they’re super soft, stretchy and supportive without digging into my shoulders. I was concerned that this garment might not offer enough support, but I am happy to report that my boobs feel secure.
- The fit – This chemise fits me like a second skin. The fabric is soft, super stretchy hugs in the right places without clinging. I put it on and my immediate response was “yep, I feel good in this.”
- It’s non-restrictive – Unlike the black bustier I recently reviewed which is very structured, the Adore Me Chemise set doesn’t restrict your movement in any way. In other words, if you want to get it on while wearing this garment you totally can.
- The matching thong doesn’t suck – It’s nicely detailed and totally wearable.
- It’s really sexy but feels like I’m in yoga-wear – Enough said.
Now for the big reveal!
Who said red lingerie is only for Christmas or Valentine’s Day?! I love the hue of this set – it’s vivid without being garish. For this post I paired the chemise with these Lovehoney Sheer Lace Top Thigh High Stockings ($6.99).
I can’t say enough good things about this saucy chemise. It’s sexy, it’s flattering and it’s comfortable enough to lounge or sleep in. At $42.99, I would have happily bought this set with my own money.
What do you guys think?
Thanks again to Lovehoney for providing me with this sexy lingerie look. I received all the products free of charge in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own because that’s how I roll.